Using various art media, participants explore how to use the Double Doodle and other activities from Brain Gym® and Vision Gym® to enhance visual perception and artistic expression. Experience the relationship between visual skills, hand-eye coordination, and creativity in this hands-on workshop. Learners of any age can benefit from it.
This open-to-all workshop will allow you to discover
- Your own innate ability to draw and paint,
- New ways to connect with colour, shape and movement,
- The informative nature of the design process,
- The mystery of co-creative drawing,
- A new way to journal your experiences,
- Joy, ease and serendipity in creative expression!
Learn how the following abilities affect reading and fine-motor skills of a child:
- Crossing the visual/kinesthetic midline
- Binocularity for working in the midfield
- The internalization of early development movement
- Spatial awareness and depth perception
- Self- perception as it regards movement and tactility
Double Doodle Artwork Samples
Ms Glenys Leadbeater
A registered nurse, with Post graduate diploma, and mother, Glenys became interested in how important movement is to help people learn when one of her own children had difficulty learning in the traditional school system. In 1984 she was introduced to Edu-K. She has done extensive training with the founders of Educational Kinesiology, Dr Paul Dennison and Gail Dennision, over the last 27 years and now teaches Double Doodle Play, Brain GymÒ 101, Vision Circles, Optimal Brain Organization, Edu-K In Depth, Brain Gym Teachers Practicum, and the advanced classes Movement Re-Education and Total Core Repatterning, and Double Doodle Play Teacher Training, Creative Vision and Vision Circles Teacher Training
One of the founders of Edu-K in New Zealand, she is on the NZ Edu-K Network Board, became Faculty in 1992 and was the Chairperson of the International Faculty for the Educational Kinesiology Foundation from 1999-2003. In 2001 she was recognized by Brain Gym International with the Outstanding Achievement Award for her contributions to the field of Educational Kinesiology. She also serves on the Educational Kinesiology Practitioners Accreditation Board in NZ. She has worked tirelessly in promoting Edu-K in all areas of life throughout New Zealand and the Asia, travelling extensively to Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Taiwan, Japan and Canada. She has taught worldwide, in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, UK, and USA. She is currently mentor for Hong Kong /China, Singapore and Canada, and Asian Liaison Faculty.
She has also promoted and sponsored many overseas people into NZ to teach various Brain GymÒ classes. This has made it possible for instructors to upskill themselves in NZ without having to travel overseas.
Double-Doodle is her favourite Brain Gym® Movement. She has always had an interest in art and this class has given her the freedom to draw without boundaries. Every drawing becomes a masterpiece.
Dates and Location:
4 December 2011
9:00am – 5.00pm
at Breakthru Enrichment Station (BEST Centre)
70-2, 2nd flr, Blk H, Platinum Walk,
Taman Danau Kota, Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur
Early Bird: RM380
For group participant of 3 persons and above – enjoy 5% further discounts.
Review Fees: RM225
Please contact Ms Phoebe at (+6012-3292681) or Mr Yu Chiet (+6019-2288869) for registration forms or further enquiries, or register online:
Prerequisites: Open to All
This is a One-day workshop and training hours can be used for Re-Licensure.
This workshop will explore:
- Several Double-Doodle variations, as well as a few other Brain Gym® and Vision Gym® movements as they relate to:
- The midfield and centralized vision
- Homologous movements that prepares the way for heartful drawing
- Using the eyes in a more relaxed, whole-brain way
- Simple things to do at home or in the classroom to encourage healthy visual skills
- Reclaiming our ambidexterity as we engage in daily-life activities