This Saturday, May 14th 2016, Breakthru Enrichment Station (BEST) will be having this year’s installation of BEST CAFÉ. BEST Café is held once a year to support our children and help them in achieving their different dreams and goals in life. It also helps to inspire and enlighten them as they are able to serve their family members and friend, thus gaining more confidence in their everyday life.
Proceeds from this special entrepreneurship project will also help in raising funds to better equip the centre’s F&B Kitchen. This is where our children learn how to cook and be independent in the kitchen, a much needed skill for self-survival and independence.
What to expect on that day:
Come along with your stomachs empty and your hearts full! Be prepared to sample some of the delicious treats that the children have worked very hard to prepare for you! There will be plenty of fun and games as well around the area for you and your children to participate in. Some examples of the games available that day are Seafishing, a game where you have to try and hook the items in a large basin full of water and Rainbowling, where players will be asked to roll a ball to knock down all the pins!
Friends, family and guests will also get to sample some culinary delights during that day! These are all lovingly prepared and cooked for you by the children and they will be your lovely waiters and waitresses for the day! Below are the food options available:
1. Chicken Chop Set
Grilled marinated chicken with herbs, parsley, basil, olive oil and topped with mushroom sauce. Served together with vegetable salad, potato salad, mushroom soup and a Ribena Lemon.
2. Nasi Lemak with Rendang Chicken
Fragrance rice with fresh coconut milk, homemade sambal and rendang chicken.
3. Potato Salad
A healthy side dish that consists of potatoes, tuna, red onion and mayonnaise.
4. Chicken Pie
Savoury pie with chicken, egg, potato and mushroom filling. *this is a hot selling item and the chef’s favourite
5. Waffles with Strawberry Jam
All purpose flour, low fat UHT milk, corn oil, eggs and topped with Strawberry Jam.
6. Waffles with Peanut Butter Jam
All purpose flour, low fat UHT milk, corn oil, eggs and topped with Peanut Butter.
There will also be Ribena Lemon and Chilled Mineral Water for sale on the day.
In addition to all the awesome food and amazing games, there will also be very interesting free talks available throughout the day and will be held in the music room at BEST. The schedule is as below:
1. 10.30 am – 10.50 am: P.L.A.Y策略的简介”。 by David Mah (以中文分享)
2. 11.00 am – 11.20 am: Understanding Your Child’s Challenges by Christina Ho (conducted in English)
3. 11.30 am – 12.00 pm: Latest P.L.A.Y Strategies for Stress Management by Phoebe Long (conducted in English and Mandarin)
4. 12.10 pm – 12.30 pm: Doodle Doodle Play: A Window to Whole Brain Vision by Cheng Y.C. (conducted in English)
5. 12.40 pm to 1.00 pm: Switch On Your Brain With Simple Touch For Health (TFH) Technique by Chong W.M. (conducted in English)
6. 1.15 pm to 1.45 pm: Introduction to Essential Oils by Phoebe Long (conducted in English)
7. 2.00 pm to 2.20 pm: “您的孩子预备好去上学了吗？ by Foo Wan Ching (以中文分享 .)
Last but certainly not least, we have also set up a flea market with amazing little gifts that you can buy for your kids.
Coupons will be needed on the day in order to purchase the food and drinks available. Coupons will be available for sale on the day and the café will be opened from 10 am to 3 pm! We’ll be seeing you all there!