From the time of conception, a child’s nervous system goes through a series of specific stages of development. Personal, environmental, biochemical, structural, and/or academic stress can inhibit the effective completion of these key developmental processes. For adults, chronic stress or tension is one clue that developmental skills are incomplete. Edu-K balances create immediate and lasting changes by actually building neurological bridges and pathways within the brain and body that assist in the completion of developmental processes.
This 5-day training builds from Brain Gym® with a simple yet comprehensive approach to learning that respects the individual’s integrity while creating positive change from a causative level. In an experiential and personally transformative context, you will learn and practice theory and methods for one-on-one educational consulting. Useful innovative techniques, lucid enjoyable demonstrations, daily guided practice time and a relaxed atmosphere offer you a truly unique experience that applies directly to both your personal and professional life & development:
- Explore and transform learning difficulties and hidden agendas for failure.
- Learn acupressure, movement, vision training, and other balancing techniques.
- Improve communication, coordination, and organization within the brain and body.
- Create immediate and cumulative benefits
- Draw out the excellence available to all of us.
- Learn successful goal setting
- Apply learning theory to get practical results
- Experience a personal breakthrough in relationships and your personal success.
- Relate observed body movements to life skills
Throughout the course you will be guided towards self directed learning through transformation of personal learning blocks into resources to rediscover joy, ease and wholeness of learning, increasing your understanding of:
Seven Dimensions of Intelligence
- Laterality (Communication)
- Centering (Organization)
- Focus (Comprehension) and add four new dimensions of brain/body integration:
- Motivation (Attitude) – the relationship of motivation and language acquisition. Hidden agendas for failure.
- Cranials (Rhythm) – the understanding of cranial movement and its relationship to learning and expression.
- Breathing (Inspiration) – change the breath-holding reflex to breathing that supports learning and growing.
- Body Regulators (Self Management) – create the appropriate brain chemistry to enhance learning in any situation.
A registered nurse, with Post graduate diploma, and mother, Glenys became interested in how important movement is to help people learn when one of her own children had difficulty learning in the traditional school system. In 1984 she was introduced to Edu-K. She has done extensive training with the founder of Educational Kinesiology, Dr Paul Dennison, over the last 25 years and now teaches Double Doodle Play, Brain Gym 101, Vision Circles, Optimal Brain Organization, Edu-K In Depth, Brain Gym Teachers Practicum, and the advanced classes Movement Re-Education and Total Core Repatterning, and Double Doodle Play Teacher Training.
One of the founders of Edu-K in New Zealand, she is on the NZ Edu-K Network Board, became Faculty in 1992 and was the Chairperson of the International Faculty for the Educational Kinesiology Foundation from 1999-2003. In 2001 she was recognized by Brain Gym International with the Outstanding Achievement Award for her contributions to the field of Educational Kinesiology. She also serves on the Educational Kinesiology Practitioners Accreditation Board in NZ. She has worked tirelessly in promoting Edu-K in all areas of life throughout New Zealand and the Asia, travelling extensively to Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Taiwan japan and Canada. She has taught worldwide, in Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, USA and UK. She is currently mentor for Hong Kong /China, Singapore and Canada, and Asian Liaison Faculty.
Dates and Location
29 November 2011 – 3 December 2011 (5 days)
9:00am – 5.00pm
at Breakthru Enrichment Station (BEST Centre)
70-2, 2nd flr, Blk H, Platinum Walk,
Taman Danau Kota, Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur
Early Bird: RM2,350 (full payment by 29 Sep 2011)
For group participant of 3 persons and above – enjoy 5% further discounts.
Review Fees: RM1,250
Please contact Ms Phoebe at (+6012-3292681) or Mr Yu Chiet (+6019-2288869) for registration forms or further enquiries, or
- Preferably with TFH 1 & 2