|5 big oranges + 2 lemons = 1kg
(can also replace with lime)
|1 kg sugar|
|2 liters water|
How to make Marmalade Jam
- To prepare the orange and lemon rind – slice the oranges & lemons skin (leave the inner white skin) with a knife and cut to slices.
- Peel the Inner white skin of oranges and lemon, then remove the pit and seeds of oranges.
- Cut a small amount of outer skin of oranges and lemon into small pieces.
- Put No.2 & 3 into a high-speed blender (alternatively can put them in a white bag).
- Blend the skinned oranges and lemons.
- Add the blended orange & lemon juices with water and boll for approximate 1 hour, until the water reduce to half.
- Turn off the fire, add sugar
- Light and lower the fire again. Boll the contents for another 1/2 to 1 hour with the lid uncover. Remember to stir the contents on and off to prevent the bottom get burnt.
- Test whether the jam is set – place 1 teaspoon of jam on a chilled clean plate (which was put in the freezer earlier). Put back into the freezer for a few minutes and take it out again. Push the jam with a finger and it should wrinkle if the jam is set.
- Once the jam is ready (which is still hot), immediately scope it into some sterilised bottle and leave to set.
- Leave the jam to cool completely before cover with the lid. The jam is ready to be served.
Sterilise 6 medium sized bottles In the oven at low temp for about 1/2 hour or boil the bottle and inverted it to drip dry. We choose small size bottles therefore we need to prepare more bottles.
Happy Mother’s day to all mothers!